Finally finished (around Christmas) this awesome pattern from WolfDreamer OTH. As you can see, it's a Cyndaquil. Pokemon are still big in this house, but the little stuffed beanie-style toys are more difficult to come by these days. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to find them at yard sales, but the last one we purchased retail (a chikorita now named Leafy) had to come directly from China via ebay. Rather than go that route again, I thought I'd put my new-found amigurumi skillz to the test and here are the results. I procrastinated the flames because I thought they were going to take me a long time, but ovivously I wasn't thinking clearly. In my mind they seemed very big, but of course they are not - they have to fit on its little back - duh. Once I did them they were so quick to hook that I can't believe I made my son wait five months for me to get to it. The only real challenge was sewing the parts together strongly enough for the stitching to withstand some epic Pokemon battles. "Go, Cyndaquil!"